Network / Security Managers, and System Administrators / Operators
Due to the nature of this course, Extreme Networks recommends that students should have previous hands-on experience with Extreme Networks Wired products as well as having attended Switching and Routing and Policy courses prior to enrolling.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure and manage their Access Control implementation as well as take the EAC Specialist certification exam.
- Introduction and discussions regarding network access control technologies, their role in information security, as well as the capabilities of the ExtremeControl solution.
- Overview of Extreme Control application including discussions and hands-on labs regarding creation of rules for different users and devices based on several components including authentication method, location, time of day, username, MAC-Address, operating system or security posture.
- Overview and hands-on lab regarding multiple authentication and assessment configuration parameters including utilizing MAC and 802.1X authentication as well as positioning RFC3580 for 3rd party devices.
- Discussions regarding the monitoring capabilities of the ExtremeControl Dashboard and including overview of the end system table and report review / exporting.
- Configuration and implementation of MAC Registration process including change management to existing registrations and maintaining specific user registration accounts.
- Introduction to EAC
- Extreme Management Center Device Management
- Universal Port
- Policy Overview
- EAC Initial Setup
- EAC Profiles
- EAC Rules
- EAC Monitoring & Dashboard
- Redirection & Portal Configuration
- Guest Registration
- Registration Administration
- Authenticated Registration
- Device Security & Posture Assessment